Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Next Step for Jesus?



*The picture above is a picture of the church we are partnering with in Botswana. It is called Old Naledi Fellowship Church.


Dumela! (Botswana greeting like our hello)

I have been thinking, wondering and praying the past two days, "What Lord is MY next step?" What do YOU Lord want ME to do with what I experienced in Botswana? I want to be more effective for Him, and I want to take that next step, but I am still seeking the Lord's guidance on what that might be. I have been thinking of a few things, but I don't want to rush right into it.

I am still adjusting to being back in America, where I feel like I took so much for granted. I thought about that on the drive back this morning from taking my youngest daughter to a Pediatric eye doctor. I wondered if the people of Old Naledi have ever seen a doctor and if so, how often do they go?

The Lord has allowed me to look at people and life in general in such simpler, easier way. In Botswana they have very little, but they are so filled with such joy and happiness to just have people around and the kids to have someone to play with and show them attention. We have so much here and they have so little, but they are still happy people!

A lot of people here in America are so consumed with getting that "next thing!" Do you know what I mean? Like a bigger TV, a cooler phone, a newer car, etc., etc., etc. I was bad about it with the car thing for awhile BEFORE my trip.

I pray each and everyday that the Lord doesn't allow me to forget what I experienced and what HE taught me in Botswana. Right now, I am on top of the mountain top and I DO NOT want to come down! I know that one day I will, but I want to stay up here as long as possible. I also do NOT want to forget what I saw, experienced and what I allowed the Lord to show me and teach me.

What an incredible adventure I was allowed to go on! We not only formed bonds with the people and children of Old Naledi, but we formed bonds with each other that I pray will never be broken.

Much more of my thoughts to come. Stay tuned!

P.S. THANK YOU to ALL of you who helped me financially and prayerfully to have had this incredible opportunity to go on this trip. You have all blessed me beyond measure!

In HIS Steps,
Kim Wright

*In the picture below, some of the children were playing with my SHORT hair. This happened many times. If anyone had hair, the kids would play in it and blow in it to watch it move! It was very cute.

No comments: