Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missing Africa



As I sit here at my computer, in the comfort of my air conditioned home I am thinking about Old Naledi and all our new friends and the beautiful children we all got to know and formed bonds with. I miss them all so very, very much. I feel like part of my heart was left in Africa. Friday evening when we were saying goodbye, I thought my heart was breaking. It was so very, very hard not to cry.

I miss mine and Toni's Nelly so very, very much. As well as little Bubba, Precious and Mmalebando (pronounced Maliiebando). These children only wanted attention from us and someone to play with. From the first day we arrived in Old Naledi, I fell in love with Africa. I cannot wait to go back one day soon, with my husband.

MUCH more of my thoughts to come.

In HIS Steps,
Kim Wright

No comments: